clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Trent Grisham wins second career Gold Glove Award

Grisham led NL Center Fielders with 17 Outs Above Average

San Diego Padres v Washington Nationals Photo by Chris Bernacchi/Diamond Images via Getty Images

It was announced on ESPN2 today that Trent Grisham won the 2022 National League Center Field Gold Glove Award. Juan Soto, Jake Cronenworth and Ha-Seong Kim were finalists at right field, second base and shortstop respectively but did not win. Manny Machado and Jurickson Profar somehow were not a finalists at third base and left field.

Managers and coaches made up 75% of the vote with the SABR Defensive Index (SDI) covering the remaining 25% of the vote.

Below is the full list of the National and American League Gold Glove winners:

3B: Ramon Urias (Orioles), Nolan Arenado (Cardinals)

SS: Jeremy Pena (Astros), Dansby Swanson (Braves)

2B: Andres Gimenez (Guardians), Brendan Rodgers (Rockies)

1B: Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (Blue Jays), Christian Walker (Diamondbacks)

C: Jose Trevino (Yankees), J.T. Realmuto (Phillies)

P: Shane Bieber (Guardians), Max Fried (Braves)

LF: Steven Kwan (Guardians), Ian Happ (Cubs)

CF: Myles Straw (Guardians), Trent Grisham (Padres)

RF: Kyle Tucker (Astros), Mookie Betts (RF)

Utility: D.J. LeMahieu (Yankees), Brendan Donovan (Cardinals)