Tonight is game one of a two-game series in Texas before both teams turn around for a two-game series in San Diego. The Padres (11-12) have been on the losing side of five-straight games while the Rockies (10-10) are coming off a loss to the Rockies.
Zach Davies (2-2) is your starter this evening and he’ll be facing off against right-handed Jordan Lyles (1-1).
Prior to tonight’s game, the #Padres placed OF Tommy Pham (fractured left hamate bone) and C Francisco Mejia (left thumb contusion) on the 10-day IL and recalled INF Ty France and C Luis Torrens.— San Diego Padres (@Padres) August 17, 2020
France is back. Torrens is likely going to swap in and out with Austin Hedges to continue San Diego’s dual-catcher strategy.
Fernando Tatis is now in the #2 spot with Machado back at #3. Recently brought-up Ty France is the team’s DH for the night and Josh Naylor is back in the lineup at #8. Hedges rounds things out at #9.
- SP Edinson Volquez - 60-Day IL
- C Robinson Chirinos - 10-Day IL
- SP Brett Martin - 10-Day IL
- RHP Kirby Yates - 10-Day IL
- LF Tommy Pham - 10-Day IL
- C Francisca Mejia - 10-Day IL
- RF Wil Myers - Day-To-Day
- Teams: Padres @ Rangers
- Location: Globe Field Field
- Time: 6:05pm PT
- TV: FOX Sports San Diego
- Radio: KWFN 97.3, XEMO 860