Welp, the latest episode of Make the Padres Great Again is here, and we have plenty to talk about.
NEW #MTPGA!@619sports and I were joined by @WordOfTorres and spent most of the podcast talking about the two (yes, two) trades that the Padres made right before the deadline.— John Gennaro (@johnmgennaro) August 1, 2019
This is an extra beefy episode that goes for an hour and twenty-ish minutes, and we mostly talk about two things:
- Franmil Reyes, Logan Allen, and Victor Nova being traded to the Reds/Indians in exchange for OF Taylor Trammell
- Brad Wieck being traded to the Cubs in exchange for Carl Edwards Jr.
That’s it! However, there’s a lot in those subjects. Such as...
- Was this good value for the Padres?
- Does this change the Padres’ timeline for being competitive (2020)?
- How does Trammell possibly fit into the OF? Is he a CF or LF?
- What does this trade mean for Wil Myers?
- What does the 2020 Padres starting rotation look like without Logan Allen?
- Did my neighbor die from too much sneezing?
- Could Carl Edwards Jr. change how we think about Kirby Yates?
- Should the team be talking contract extension with Kirby Yates?
- Why didn’t the Padres trade for a starting pitcher like everyone expect them to?
- Is Franmil Reyes the next David Ortiz and should Padres fans be upset if he is?
Anyway, it’s a fun episode. Craig and I were even joined by our friend Cesar Torres (who has a microphone) and my wife (who does not), which means this is more a party than a podcast.