It’s Wednesday morning, which means it’s time for me to tell you about the Make The Padres Great Again podcast episode that I recorded with Craig Elsten.
This week, Craig came by after being there for the final meeting at The Mighty 1090. As both of us were previously employed there, we talked about that for a little while before diving into more Padres-related matters.
I’m never sure what “the one takeaway” should ever be from these rambling conversations about the Padres, but the overlying theme of our conversation can probably be summed up like this:
The San Diego Padres offense has some holes in it. Fernando Tatis Jr. is their best player so far this year, especially on offense, which probably opens up another hole. What do they do to solve for it?
Here’s what we talked about:
- The end of The Mighty 1090
- The impact of Tatis’ injury
- Record in the ‘Fire Andy Green’ Era
- The problem(s) with the San Diego Padres offense
- How many appearances can Kirby Yates make?
- Six-man rotation/Cal Quantrill. Usage of Paddack/Strahm.
- What do we do about 2B? When do we talk about catcher?