In case you haven’t heard, the Padres are back in San Diego today! After playing a four-game set on the road against the Dodgers, they open up their 2017 home slate this weekend with a three-game series against the Giants. Unfortunately, immediately after this series, they’ll leave for an eight-day, seven-game road trip. But that’s neither here nor there because TODAY, Padres baseball will be played in San Diego!
If you’ve got your hands on tickets for this afternoon’s home opener and you’re trying to plan your day, here is some information you may find helpful:
General information and times to note
- Gates open: 12:30 pm PT
- Batting practice starts: 1:00 pm
- Pregame ceremony starts: 3:15 pm
- First pitch: 3:40 pm
And just as I finished typing all of the info above, I saw that the Padres made a handy infographic for it!
- Where and when to visit Padres organist Bobby Cressey: Anytime, out in the open between sections 311 and 313 in the upper deck, you can head up and see Bobby play the organ and maybe chat him up in between songs. This is a HIGHLY recommended ballpark experience!
- What you can and can’t bring to the ballpark
- And YES, the Padres will be wearing beautiful BROWN today (and every Friday at home).
Petco Park fare
We are lucky to enjoy some of the best ballpark food in America right here in San Diego, and this year is no different. However, there are some new concessions and beers coming to Petco Park this season, so you might want to familiarize yourself before you head out there so you can get an idea of what you might want to eat and drink, and where to find it. A few days ago Eater posted their updated guide to dining at Petco Park. Jbox also previewed the new food and beer options, as well as some other changes you can expect to see at the ballpark this year.
- EATER: What to eat at San Diego’s Petco Park, 2017 edition
- Ballpark Preview: Changes to Petco Park in 2017
- If you're looking to save some dough, we've got some totally legit tips and tricks for you too!
- Series Preview vs. Giants
- Todays pitching matchup: Luis Perdomo vs. Matt Cain
(check back later for the Giants’ starting 9)
Anything else you want to know?
- Leave a comment down below. We'll try our best to answer, or find someone who can!