It’s a beautiful day out in San Diego today. The sun is shining. Birds are chirping happy tunes. The air smells sweet like peanuts and Cracker Jack.
And today, Padres baseball is back.
While MLB tried to convince us that yesterday was Opening Day, we all know that was f_____g b_____t. It was just a teaser. The majority of teams, our beloved Padres included, will play their first game of the 2017 season today.
The Friars are up in Los Angeles for the first series of the season. TheThinGwynn has previewed the entire four-game set (shout out to Travis Peterson who will be providing amazing graphics for our series previews all season long!), and we’ll have a game preview up for today’s matchup later this morning, so stay tuned for those.
In the meantime, here is some more stuff to check out while you’re avoiding work and waiting for the game this afternoon:
- Everything is going to be okay because roydjt has exorcised his Padres demons in preparation of Opening Day and the 2017 season.
- Roy also took a look at the Padres’ weird Opening Day roster.
- Wonko drew up his annual preseason list of potential Padres milestones.
- Be sure to submit your predictions for the upcoming season in jbox’s annual prediction post.
- Feast your eyes on all the beautiful BROWN in this fanpost by BBTB in 2018. *drool*
- If you’re looking to catch up on all the teams throughout the league, SB Nation’s yearly MLB season preview has everything you need to know about each ballclub.
First pitch for the Padres today is at 1:10 pm local time so if you haven’t already, tell your boss/spouse/kids that you’re taking a long lunch, then plant yourself in front of a TV, radio, computer, or mobile device and join us in the game thread a little after 12 noon for some Opening Day shenanigans.
I love you all. Let’s go Padres.