Hey Gaslamp Ballers! I hope everyone is having a wonderful All-Star Week, whether you’re here in San Diego partaking in the festivities in person, or enjoying the All-Star programming from afar and living vicariously through social media.
Here at GLB we have a fun little contest for our readers, courtesy of the folks at Wilson. We’ll be giving away one of their limited edition 2016 All-Star Game gloves (which you can see pictured above and below). These custom A2000 gloves were designed by Wilson’s “resident glove guru,” Shigeaki Aso, as the official commemorative gloves of this year’s All-Star Game in San Diego. Aso, a master glove smith, works with all of Wilson’s professional ballplayers, helping them develop and break in their gloves before every season.
Quite a few of those Wilson players on the All-Star rosters this year. From the American League, there’s Jose Altuve, Robinson Cano, and Miguel Cabrera. Representing the National League are Wilson Ramos and Daniel Murphy.
The glove uses the 2016 All-Star colors, blue and yellow. It has the Padres’ All-Star Game logo printed in the palm, which is white to allow for autographs. Some other features of the glove, per Wilson’s online shop:
- 11.5" Infield Model
- H-Web Pattern
- Navy and Yellow Gold Pro Stock™ Leather for a long lasting glove and a great break-in
- Dual Welting™ for a durable pocket
It should be noted that this glove is made for right-handers, although regardless of handedness I don’t think you’d be using it to actually play baseball anyway.
So now that you know a little more about the glove, you’re probably wondering how you can win one.
- Comment on this post and tell us how many hits you think Wil Myers will get in the All-Star game tomorrow night. (In case you missed it, our first baseman has made the starting lineup as the designated hitter.)
- Follow Gaslamp Ball on Twitter and/or Instagram (if your Twitter/Insta handle is different from your SBNation username, make sure to let us know in your comment below).
- Retweet this tweet or tag a friend on this Instagram post. You can enter once from Twitter and once from Instagram, so up to two entries per person (you only need to comment once on this blog post).
Complete the three steps above BEFORE 5:00 pm PT tomorrow, July 12th, to be eligible. The winner will be picked at random and announced after the completion of the All-Star Game.
You must be willing to provide your full name and a mailing address to receive the prize. I won’t use this information for anything other than this contest; I just don’t want to have to use your “internet” name to mail the package.