Season Ticket Holders are being given surveys in the Members Lounge (whatever and wherever that is) and they want to know what they think about important Padres related topics. I'm not a season ticket holder or a member but I'm going to answer the questions really quickly here, while I wait for the game to start. Let's do this.
1. What do you think of San Diego, what colors come to mind?
These are all pointed questions. They clearly want us to say stuff like "Bro, I think of sea blue, sunshine yellow and seashell white". No Padres, those aren't the team's colors as much as you clowns want them to be. Brown and gold or GTFO.
2. When you think of the San Diego Padres, what colors come to mind?
Brown and gold, because those are their original colors and those that most uniquely identify them. These questions aren't that hard.
3. When you think of the San Diego Padres, what uniform comes to mind?
I think of the 70's and early 80's uniforms. All of them combined, in big child like finger painting.
4. What is your favorite Padres uniform this year?
Obviously, the Friday unis, while not perfect, are at least the correct colors.
5. What is your all-time favorite Padres uniform?
My favorite changes upon my moods, but you can't go wrong with the 69's, 78's an 84's.
6. What are your thoughts on the 2016 Home Uniforms? (As a reminder, All-Star Game commemorative home white, Brown and Yellow on Fridays and Navy digital camo on Sundays.)
I only like Friday brown uniforms. The rest can go away with the people that created them.
7. What are your thoughts on the 2016 away uniforms? (As a reminder, Gray with blue "SAN DIEGO", across the front and Blue with white "SD" on the left heart.
Some of the worst uniforms in all of baseball. A total lack of originality and they are so bland.
8. If the Padres were to change their uniform and/or colors, what would you recommend?
I'd recommend changing to brown and gold permanently because it's the right thing to do.
9. Did you purchase any new Padres merchandise this year? If so, what did you purchase and why? If not, why not?
No. Everything is blue and yellow All-Star merchandise these days. I don't want it and I don't want to be associated with it. I can't wait until the ASG is over and hopefully these uniforms go with it. Plus I'm really down on the Padres this year, thanks to poor play and poor leadership.
10. What are your thoughts on the Friar mascot? Do you feel he best represents the Padres and San Diego? If so why? If not, why not?
I heard a rumor from a little birdy months and months ago that Mike Dee does not like the Friar and is looking to replace it. I can't remember what ridiculous reason he had. It was either he doesn't like mascots that are a direct representation of the team name or he doesn't like mascots that are people. It was something really stupid. I have no doubt he'll force his preferences on us and we'll end up with a new mascot soon, unless he's fired before then [fingers crossed].
P.S. I like the Friar, I've always like the Friar. What does Dee want a sailboat? If it comes to a choice between the Friar and Dee, I'll take the Friar all day.
11. Are you satisfied with the direction of the Padres brand? Do you feel like there is a clear vision for the brand?
I'm the opposite of satisfied. The Padres brand is one of the most ridiculed and embarrassing in all of sports. Executive leadership, I'm convinced, wants to destroy the team I love so they can selfishly create their own brand of blue and yellow uniforms and rename the team the Sycuan Diego Sailboats.
12. Do you have any other feedback you would like to share?
How would you answer these questions? Let us know in a FanPost!