Everybody's in Peoria, and Spring Training warm ups are in full-swing. Here's what has been going on:
- The entire squad showed up, and started running warm up drills as a full club.
- Randy Jones fell into a staring contest, but also provided some fielding practice for some fellow pitchers.
- Andy Green talked all about culture for the new 2016 Friars club. Green had a full speech prepared.
- Newly acquired Alexei Ramirez showed off exactly why the Padres signed him this offseason.
- Mike Dee and Peter Seidler talked a bunch about how 2016 is going to be exciting, and that 2015 was so last year.
- Andy Green sprinkled out some information about what he has learned thus far as manager.
- Carlos Asuaje, acquired from the Kimbrel trade, practiced bunting balls into a bucket.
- The Friars mostly ran more full squad warm-ups, ran around, executed drills, and slapped butts.
- This lucky kid was gifted a signed bat from Matt Kemp and his new haircut:
You can also check out some fresh Spring Training video straight from the Pads: