In a bit of a departure from last year’s uniform reveal, the Padres took to Twitter today to reveal their highly anticipated (for me, anyway) uniform set.
Have a look for yourself:
Introducing the 2017 #Padres uniform lineup! pic.twitter.com/mDyUO7pMiX— San Diego Padres (@Padres) November 22, 2016
A couple quick notes:
- Navy/White is back. The yellow makes an unfortunate departure as a one-year wonder and the Padres primary colorway is back to navy/white. The Padres wordmark from the Friday brown uniform will now be featured on the home uniform set.
- Speaking of everyone’s favorite color, brown is back for Friday home games. It’s presumed that the Padres will wear the same cap and jersey set as of this writing.
- Also coming way back are Wayback Wednesdays, though it remains to be seen if the Padres will continue to wear their 90s era uniform set or something different.
- The bowtie road SanDiegO is back as well, being utilized on the road gray set.
- The Padres mentioned they were going to swap the usage of navy/marine camouflage uniforms last year. It looks like both will still be in use, though which one will get more wear is a mystery.
So what do you think? A step in the right direction or a loss of a great third color? I look forward to the discussion!