Did you know tomorrow is Singles Night at Petco Park? It was news to me, too. I only heard about it when the team tweeted about it a few hours ago.
San Diego Padres (@Padres) May 28, 2015
Your thirty-five bucks get you admission to The Landing, the new party space beneath the scoreboard at the top of left field, which is hopefully a better place to meet the love of your life than it is to watch a ballgame. It also gets you a ticket for one dose of social lubricant. Tickets for the sections right in front of The Landing run half that price, so if you're going, you'd better meet someone cute. I know that's a lot of pressure, but we're here to help with a few icebreakers and pickup lines.
- Your smile is as bright as Will Venable's.
- Are you Austin Hedges? Because you're making me swoon.
- Call me Derek Norris, because I just caught you stealing... my heart.
- You're hotter than Craig Kimbrel's fastball.
- Wanna come over and stay up all night like A.J. Preller?
- I'd let you ride into my danger zone.
- Is your name Matt Kemp? Because I want to see your hips.
Good luck, and remember us when you name your future babies.