A few notes:
- The Padres have "hung in there", Byrnes hopes now the team can get some momentum going.
- The plan right now with Andrew Cashner is to see if his symptoms completely disappear and if so they'll start him playing catch this weekend. Cashner had a good day yesterday in the training room. Byrnes says that with injuries, sometimes the more you know, the less you know.
- The team is still dealing with major injuries. He thinks if they had all their "horses on the field" that they have a chance of taking the next step.
- Seth Smith has earned more playing time, he's one of the few hitters that has over-performed.
- "Most of baseball is struggling offensively, we're not alone."
- Byrnes has been busy talking to teams every day to see if there's a move to be made to make the team better.
- Byrnes has seen most of the guys he needs to see. The team has a general idea of their player rankings for the upcoming draft.