Every day, the first time I think of it after midnight, I check to see if any Padres were born on that day. I spotted Brian Falkenborg's name and knew he was a Friar at some point, although I couldn't quite pinpoint when. What follows is my train of thought immediately after clicking over to his BR page:
- "Oh yeah, he was a Padre twice. That seems vaguely familiar."
- "Huh, he was a two-time Dodger too. That's weird."
- "Each time the Padres signed him was after the Dodgers cast him off. That's kind of embarrassing."
- "Hey, there's a pattern to his career! Bird - Dodger - Padre, Bird - Dodger - Padre."
- "Maybe I could get a post out of that."
- "Ehh, screw it, might as well."