Last week it was reported by the San Diego Reader that longtime former Padres owner John Moores was selling his house in Del Mar for $23 million. The home is "in a tie for the sixth most expensive single-family residence publicly offered for sale in San Diego County". He purchased the property in 1998 for $3 million and rebuilt the house. Say what you will about Moores but he sure knows how to turn a profit.
Moores' hermit house boasts:
- 8250 Square Feet
- 55 Feet of prime Beach frontage
- 3 or4 bedrooms, 4 Full Baths, 2 Half Baths
- A Lap Pool, presumably never used by Moores, that also acts a moat.
This week the Phoenix Business Journal is reporting that former Padres minority owner Jeff Moorad is selling his Paradise Valley house for $15 million. (Cap Tip: AZSnakePit)
Moorad's home sleepily brags of hotel-like qualities:
- 16,100 Square Feet
- 360 degree views of desert
- 8 Bedrooms and 11 Bathrooms
- Maid's quarters
- Exercise and Sauna room, presumably never used by Moorad
- Tennis and Basketball Courts
I'll bet you I can guess how these real estate deals will turn out. Moorad will sell his desert mansion and use the money to put a down payment on Moores' beach front home. The purchase will have trouble going through escrow and the Del Mar HOA will eventually stop the sale from going forward, embarrassing everyone involved.