Hello, Gaslamp Ballers! I meant to put this up on our last off day in August, but I didn't get to finish these until a few nights ago and haven't had time to put a post together until now. But anyway, here are a few projects I've worked on over the past couple of weeks...
This first one is actually something jbox posted about a while back, so you can look at the instructions for it here. It's a baseball string bracelet. I've made quite a few of these in the past. I wear this one almost every day, but it's getting pretty worn so I might make a new one some time soon.
Now this bracelet gave me the idea for my next project. I took a pair of white shorts that I had, and I sewed some red baseball stitches into them to make baseball shorts.
It's kind of hard to see in the picture, but I drew some faint guide lines with a pencil to show where I wanted the stitches to go.
I took some red crochet thread and started stitching:
I finished one side and then moved on to the other side, switching the direction of the stitches like on a real baseball. Here's the finished product:
I think they look p sweet with my retired numbers shirt. Coincidentally, that shirt led me to my next project, which you can find in Part 2!