I missed the last two thirds of the game, but wow-wee! I've got a date with the DVR tonight to catch the replay at 7pm.
Here's some thoughts:
- Anthony Bass pitched 8 strong innings, like country strong innings. He didn't give up a hit until the 4th.
- Dex will tell you that I don't follow any other teams or players, but I'm infatuated for some reason with Bryce Harper highlights. He hit his second home run today in the bottom of the 5th. I had to punch myself in the jock to settle myself and remember it was against the Padres.
- The home plate umpire attempted to start the game after the rain delay without the rest of his umpiring crew on the field. That's the kind of attention to detail that you need to be an umpire these days.
- Will Venable had 4 hits and hit for the tricycle, missing out on the home run.
- James Darnell went deep, like Leila Rahimi's voice.
- John Baker kinda looks like Hannah's "boyfriend" on Girls right? He was the only Padre who had faced Stephen Strasburg before today and he baked up three hits.
I don't really know what else to say since I didn't actually see the game.
Davey Johnson implied heat balm to the wrong anatomical area contributed to Strasburg's undoing against #Padres. Can't make this stuff up.— Tom Krasovic (@tomkrasovic) May 15, 2012
|Final - 5.15.2012||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|San Diego Padres||3||0||1||0||1||0||0||1||0||6||11||0|
|WP: Anthony Bass (2 - 4)
LP: Stephen Strasburg (3 - 1)
Meanwhile in the Game Thread, london_balling led the way with 156 comments and sdsuaztec4 bragged about being in law school 156 times:
Roll Call: Sam (sdsuaztec4), padmadfan, jbox, Zach (maestro876), bcline760, Wonko, turbopan, Darklighter, Friar Fever, sixpakfrombelgium, london_balling, jodes0405, Axion, IputtheYinTony, B Cres, padres4life, Drama, tonoxtono, staceyaugmon4HOF, SanDiegoKev, theodore donald kerabatsos, creanium, iheartyourfart, Timmah73, TheRevRun, abara, greekpadre, ariz2cali, JollyWaffle, mrbarneydangles, sdpads24
Total Users: 31
Total Posts: 825