|Final - 4.7.2012||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||R|
|Los Angeles Dodgers||1||0||3||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||6|
|San Diego Padres||0||0||0||0||5||0||0||0||0||0||0||5|
Complete Coverage >
Another day of the 2012 season and another loss. To say the Padres are starting slow would be like saying that water is wet while watching somebody drown the Easter bunny in it. What? It's not like that for you? Me either.
If I had to rank the games though, this is the best game of the season so far.
- April 7th, 2012 - Padres 5, Dodgers 5 - Extra Innings #1
- April 5th, 2012 - Padres 3, Dodgers 5 - Opening Day
- April 6th, 2012 - Padres 0, Dodgers 6 - Tony Gwynn Opening Day
I mean, isolate the 5th inning and it feels like we're about to win the game. If the Padres could've just done something on their own instead of allowing the Dodgers to gift all of the runs in the inning, then we win that game. But that was not meant to be. Instead the Padres just kinda didn't do much afterwards, and then after going down by 1 in the 11th, Buddy elects to try to "manufacture" a run, which ends up being a little embarrassing, right? Hey the Dodgers pitchers keep walking everybody! Let's bunt a dude over and give up an out in an effort to tie this game and hopefully maybe win it in the 15th when the Dodgers no longer have any pitchers.
But it was exciting and entertaining and that's what you want out of baseball.
I learned some things today:
- Luke Gregerson and Huston Street need more facial hair.
- If Andrew Cashner successfully ends up starting for the Padres this season or next and carries his stuff into the rotation, I will cream my pants so hard you'll think 80's acid wash was back in style.
- The Dodger bullpen has some ridiculous flaws in it.
- I can't wait for Carlos Quentin to join this lineup so that there's at least something worth looking at there.
If we win tomorrow, is that a "salvaged" series? I guess.
Steve Poltz sings the National Anthem tomorrow so maybe we'll get ourselves some singer songwriter luck.
In roll call news...
Roll Call: whithd3, StrangeBroP25, tonoxtono, Darklighter, Ketchup, field39, creanium, Zach (maestro876), greekpadre, scout1222, TheThinGwynn, Dex, Jsn L, padreroach, Batswalla, Glory801, Dubsco, TheVinylCrocodile, Blueberry Pancakes, AZ_Colt_Fan, ariz2cali, Drama, jbox, Friar Fever, Hormel, sdchicken, Winfield's Ghost, EnglishChris, Jonathan Holmes, iheartyourfart, MoosePanini, james b, PullenHoseFriar, SD Jake, Wonko
Total Users: 35
Total Posts: 620
Gaslamp Baller tonoxtono ran the show for us tonight as the only commenter hitting triple digits. If you have something you rub for luck, go ahead and start rubbing it tonight. I hope the Padres gave up on winning regular season games for Lent, because tomorrow's Easter. They gotta cut into that ham, slap some mustard and find themselves some colored eggs.