In the end, I threw last night's game into the top 10. It landed just in front of the Jamie Moyer Nightmare, forever bumping that game out of the top 10 Padres games as we continue our charting of mediocrity.
This game last night was worse than the game before, mostly because the Nationals scored a lot more runs, but also because nothing interesting happened except for the Yonder Alonso play. Once the Nationals put 4 up in the 7th, there was definitely the feeling that the Padres were going to take the loss on the chin.
So this is a pretty bad season so far, but thankfully the month is almost over. Next month is our month.
I daydream a little bit as to what this season might've looked like if we had Dustin Moseley, Tim Stauffer and Carlos Quentin. It's tough to say that Mosely and Stauffer would've pitched better than Wieland and Bass, but it's not far fetched to think that Carlos Quentin would be our best hitter. Who does he realistically have to beat out? Chase Headley? It's not so difficult to imagine that Chase and Quentin protecting each other in the lineup could've amounted to another win or two here or there.
I know there's speculation that Carlos Quentin might get traded before he even really has a chance to play, but my gut says they'll stick it out with him. What're we gonna get, more prospects? At a certain point, we just gotta let things ripen on the vine and the young guys will still need some veteran leadership. Plus: Clubhouse leader, yo.
I'm hoping tonight's game ends up in the Top 5, because at this point, being in the Top 5 means we've won the game and that'd be a good time.
- April 21st, 2012 - Padres 5, Phillies 1 - Win #4, Luebke lights 'em up and smokes 'em out
- April 22nd, 2012 - Padres 6, Phillies 1 - Win #5, The Padres finally don't lose a series
- April 8th, 2012 - Padres 8, Dodgers 4 - Win #1, Easter Sunday
- April 11th, 2012 - Padres 2, Diamondbacks 1 - Win #2, Denorfia bomb
- April 16th, 2012 - Padres 7, Rockies 1 - Win #3, 7 Doublefest
- April 13th, 2012 - Padres 8, Dodgers 9 - The Aaron Harang Nightmare
- April 18th, 2012 - Padres 4, Rockies 8 - Rubber Game #2 and/or Chase Headley 2HR
- April 19th, 2012 - Padres 0, Phillies 2 - Joe Wieland gets no run support #1
- April 24th, 2012 - Padres 1, Nationals 3 - Clayton Richard gets no run support #1
- April 25th, 2012 - Padres 2, Nationals 7 - Joe Wieland gets no run support #2
- April 17th, 2012 - Padres 3, Rockies 5 - The Jamie Moyer Nightmare
- April 12th, 2012 - Padres 1, Diamondbacks 3 - Rubber Game #1 and/or Ian Kennedy
- April 10th, 2012 - Padres 2, Diamondbacks 4 - Extra Innings #2
- April 7th, 2012 - Padres 5, Dodgers 6 - Extra Innings #1
- April 14th, 2012 - Padres 1, Dodgers 6 - Joe Wieland's debut and/or Snorefest
- April 5th, 2012 - Padres 3, Dodgers 5 - Opening Day
- April 6th, 2012 - Padres 0, Dodgers 6 - Tony Gwynn Opening Day
- April 15th, 2012 - Padres 4, Dodgers 5 - Dale Scott Triple Play
- April 20th, 2012 - Padres 1, Phillies 4 - F_CK CHARITY.