- The Sunday "unconventional" triple play against the Dodgers was the low point of the season so far.
- Corey can see why fans and hitters were frustrated by Jamie Moyer. It's kind of a neat story though. Darren compares Moyer to Tebow saying everyone likes talking about him but no one wants him on their team. Corey agrees.
- Orlando Hudson has gotten off to a very slow start, but he's only had 35 at-bats. There are some personality issues with Hudson that may or may not take place inside the clubhouse. The Padres need a back up plan if they cut Hudson. They've been talking to some other teams. Darren says GM Josh Byrnes "loves" Hudson and "is still pretty fond of him".
- If the Padres are really scuffling by mid-May to early June then Huston Street will likely be moved. It's too soon now to entertain any offers and the Padres don't want a move to be construed as "waving the white flag" it could be bad for television and ticket sales.
- The only good news out of this month was Casey Kelley.