- On Ian Kennedy in the first: Hit 3 balls on the nose and the team couldn't sustain it. Kennedy settled down and had the guys off balance. Padres couldn't solve him tonight.
- Anthony Bass showed good stuff. Impressed with all three pitches. The one thing they'll need to work on is better pitch efficiency. Pitch count was a good sign.
- As a group, the Padres aren't hitting. Has to pick up. Statistically, it will improve (regression to the mean?). Offense has to come from everyone. Has to come from all 8 guys (pitchers get a pass)
- On Jesus Guzman's would be error: Young took a full swing. Guzman was playing a bit deep and just couldn't get there.
- On the Bartlett error: Yonder stretched. Just nicked off his glove. Very diplomatic.
- The Padres, or any team, can't afford to make misplays. Especially when you go against somebody like Ian Kennedy. Not hitting well enough to overcome those misplays.
Not related to this, but after the jump, you can see how I rank the games so far. Part of my ongoing weird Rank All The Games in 2012 Project...
I actually put this loss down as our best loss of the season. Big reasons: Anthony Bass pitched awesome in his emergency spot start. We were facing one of the best pitchers in the NL from last season. We didn't get blown out. Offense showed signs of life for an inning. Because of that...
- April 8th, 2012 - Padres 8, Dodgers 4 - Win #1, Easter Sunday
- April 11th, 2012 - Padres 2, Diamondbacks 1 - Win #2, Denorfia bomb
- April 12th, 2012 - Padres 1, Diamondbacks 3 - Rubber Game #1 and/or Ian Kennedy
- April 10th, 2012 - Padres 2, Diamondbacks 4 - Extra Innings #2
- April 7th, 2012 - Padres 5, Dodgers 6 - Extra Innings #1
- April 5th, 2012 - Padres 3, Dodgers 5 - Opening Day
- April 6th, 2012 - Padres 0, Dodgers 6 - Tony Gwynn Opening Day