|Final - 4.10.2012||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||R|
|San Diego Padres||0||0||1||0||0||0||1||0||0||0||0||2|
Complete Coverage >
I've been fighting a real bad cold these last couple of days and I really could've used a win over the Diamondbacks to feel me better.
If you had shown me just the first two innings of baseball, I would've told you that we would've burned through Cahill by the 4th inning and that any time in extra innings would've meant that the Diamondbacks were going to go to emergency pitchers. But it wasn't meant to be.
Also, just to be at Gaslamp Baller AZ2Cali's back a little bit. If you really can't name at least a few examples of broadcasters who are better than Dick Enberg then your argument that he's
the "worst" "terrible" really is hurt by that. It's like saying that Ted Williams is the worst a terrible Right Fielder because he never hit .500. You have to have some sort of standard of comparison if you're going to be so aggro about Dick, who really isn't that bad.
Other things I learned:
- There are Gaslamp Ballers who are amazed that Axion has access to 4chan. I got news for you, people. It's not that impressive and depending on what boards he frequents, something that should be setting off your creeper alerts.
- When given the opportunity, Jason Bartlett will take something good and attempt to make it into something better even though all signs point to shit.
- Orlando Hudson will hit a triple here and there.
- Orlando Hudson also does not know how to bunt.
Let's be honest... That situation was probably the second best bunt situation in baseball. Tied game. One run wins it. Runner on first. Nobody out. And when you eff it up, it completely deflates the team. Suddenly it's one out with a double play opportunity.
I propose to the Padres that we only bunt in the following situations:
1. The pitcher is up with less than one out
2. A runner on second. Nobody out. One run wins the ballgame.
Also, it looks like the person that's going to be taking Dustin Moseley's spot is everybody's favorite top 100 prospect... Wait for it... JOE WIELAND.
Greatest day of my life! My dream has finally come true!!! God is great!!!!— Joe Wieland (@JWieland108) April 11, 2012
Robbie Erlin is probably all like, "I AM BASICALLY THE SAME DUDE AND MY NAME COMES FIRST ALPHABETICALLY". Don't worry, Erlin. We will see you soon.
In the meantime... It looks like Joe will get the start on Saturday, which is gonna be awesome. Expect to see Ks and lots of dudes getting Petco'd.
All things considered, that's probably the second best game the Padres have played this season. Sure we didn't win, but at least the offense consisted of players actually doing this with the ball instead of a crazy lapse by the opposing pitcher. As fun as crazy lapses are to watch, I'll take production out of the middle infield any day of the week and twice on Tuesdays as it were.
- April 8th, 2012 - Padres 8, Dodgers 4 - Win #1, Easter Sunday
- April 10th, 2012 - Padres 2, Diamondbacks 4 - Extra Innings #2
- April 7th, 2012 - Padres 5, Dodgers 6 - Extra Innings #1
- April 5th, 2012 - Padres 3, Dodgers 5 - Opening Day
- April 6th, 2012 - Padres 0, Dodgers 6 - Tony Gwynn Opening Day
Roll call after the jump...
Tonight's Open Thread was very informative for me. At the same time, when Joe Wieland pitches on Saturday, let's keep the animated softcore GIFs to a minimum as I'd like to make a good impression on Wieland's family. I would guess them to be church going people by his tweets.
Roll Call: Frozen_Pizza, tonoxtono, Wonko, mrbarneydangles, Antonio Olivares, field39, Drama, creanium, Jonathan Holmes, Axion, Zach (maestro876), FriarFaithfulForever, jodes0405, Dex, Darklighter, SolanaFan, TheThinGwynn, staceyaugmon4HOF, AZ_Colt_Fan, iheartyourfart, Rich Garcia's defective eyes, Jsn L, abara, Dubsco, turbopan, Ketchup, DubBlack, ariz2cali, isaic16, Jordan_Ming, Hormel, whithd3, greekpadre, MrDanielX, JollyWaffle, sdchicken, All Things SD, PullenHoseFriar, StrangeBroP25, I8EtoDunbar, padreroach, Ron Mexico, theodore donald kerabatsos
Total Users: 43 Total Posts: 1261