- Hoyer talked to Bud Black about bringing Anthony Rizzo up for interleague play. Black responded "Let's do it now!" and Hoyer didn't have a reason not to. Black thought it was time to bolster the line up. Black also convinced Hoyer that Brad Hawpe was ready to play right field.
- Hoyer does have some anxiety about Rizzo performing at the big league level because he is responsible for trading Adrian Gonzalez for these prospects. Hoyer is realistic though that Rizzo will have his ups and downs. Rizzo may not have the same adjustment period that Gonzalez had because of the nature of the trade that brought him here.
- The "exchange rate" from Tucson to Petco Park is extreme. "We don't expect him to come up and hit .360" but he was hitting against good pitching. Petco Park is going to affect his power.
- Hoyer would eventually love to see Rizzo hitting third in the line up. He could at some point lead the team in home runs and RBI. Right now they don't want Rizzo to face the pressure of being the savior of the team.
- Eric Patterson was designated for assignment and Will Venable was recalled from Tucson. The trip to Tucson for Venable was a wake up call, and gave him a chance to tinker with his swing and now he is feeling more comfortable. "We're entering a very crucial time of the year so we want the absolute best roster out there we can." Aaron Cunningham was optioned to AAA Tucson.
- They are going to watch Dustin Moseley's arm injury until Saturday. They are hoping that he doesn't have to go on the Disabled List.
- If they make a move for a starter it won't be Cory Luebke. They want to keep him in the bullpen and get him more experience in the Major Leagues. He is a starting pitcher but they have to stretch out his innings before he starts again.
- Eric Patterson was brought over in the Adrian Gonzalez trade also and they thought he could be a good bench player. "It didn't work out for him here, but he certainly gave it his all."
- Will Venable is coming back to the team in a different role. Hawpe is going to be playing a lot of right field. Venable will be a utility outfielder not a starting right fielder.
- Cameron Maybin is going to start a rehab assignment in Tucson on Friday. He has a good idea of the corresponding move he'll make when Maybin returns but isn't saying now.
- Darren is looking through the media guide at the pictures of Hoyer. "What picture would you like the guys at Gaslamp Ball to put up for you?" Hoyer thinks all the pictures looks bad. Darren thinks he should do a new photo shoot, Hoyer says "It's not a terrible idea, they've got to get some new art." Darren says "I know those guys love it to when you shout them out, you do that and they love you forever."