- I was telling Jon yesterday that I think Cameron Maybin will be the first Padre to hit for the cycle. Dex will try to convince you that the achievement will belong to Will Venable, but after yesterday's performance I favor Maybin.
- Those new MARPAT camouflage jerseys look sick. This is the first time I've seen them with the player's names on the back though. It stands out, in a bad way. They should have just kept the lettering the same color throughout. I guess it was done in an effort to match the pants, but the pants don't even match the jersey.
- I tried the new Fillipi's pizza yesterday. It's $6.50 a slice, but it's delicious and seems to have thicker cheese topping than Oggi's. The problem is the price, I could easily eat about 4 slices and that's $26.
- Freezing in the shade under the overhang we decided to eat in the sun behind La Cantina. It's weird but I didn't even realize that La Cantina was there. I'm not a big drinker so, I had no idea that there was a bar there with draft beer and Margaritas.
- We also noticed that Rubio's is no longer there. They replaced it with some generic sounding/looking Mexican Restaurant. I only got a quick look at their menu and I didn't see Fish Tacos, which was supposed to be our "must try" food at the ballpark for tourists. Anybody tried it yet? How is it?
- We were eating when Ryan Ludwick hit his towering home run, so I can still say I've never seen Ludwick do anything.
- We also heard that Randy Jones' BBQ Trailer is being moved out of the Park at the Park when they expand the stage under the batter's eye. That sucks if you love BBQ, which is everyone.
- This post was originally going to do detailed statistical analysis about the Padres game and some how it ended up about food. Go figure.
|Final - 4.10.2011||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Los Angeles Dodgers||1||0||0||0||0||0||1||0||0||2||4||0|
|San Diego Padres||0||0||1||1||0||2||1||2||X||7||10||0|
|WP: Aaron Harang (2 - 0)
LP: John Ely (0 - 1)
Complete Coverage >