- I went to the game with Jon and Kev yesterday. They complained about sitting in the sun the entire time. It was either stay in the sun or move to the shade. I told them to go ahead and move but I was going to stay put. Here's the thing about Petco Park: It's like the surface of the moon. In the sun it's a billion degrees. In the shade it's zero degrees Kelvin. Those are your two choices and since I was wearing a half shirt and short shorts there was no way I was moving to the shade.
- The Padres have a new scoreboard advertisement for the Padres Store called "Extreme Fan Makeover". I saw it and was like "Hey that was my idea!" Except I would have made it a live feature where they actually find a fan dressed in really old or ugly Padres gear at the beginning of the game. Take the fan and rush them to the Padres store, dress them in the finest clothes the Padres store has to offer and then reveal their new look in later innings. I'd watch that.
- I loved seeing the Padres and Pirates prance about and frolic in their colorful old uniforms. If I were a Pirates fan I would totes wear that throwback hat, it's terrific. Make it a point to see one of the last two Throwback Thursday's on Aug. 26th and September 30th.
- Ryan Ludwick is quickly becoming one of my favorite Padre hitters. It looked like he barely swung at this ball and it flew out of the park.
- Kev parked at the Hilton for some reason and ended up walking like 2 miles to get to Petco Park. I checked to see when this $27 million bridge to nowhere is supposed to be finished. They say it should be done in November, but I can tell you it doesn't look anywhere close to being finished.
"In August the bridge will look to the person walking by as if it's all done. However, between then and November there is fine tuning that has to be done," said Derek Danziger, vice president of CCDC."
- It was really weird seeing Heath Bell charge out of the bullpen to some weird easy listening 70's song. I still don't like that they turned Throwback Thursday into 70's day and play organ music with 70's hits, but I admit I did have fun singing along to Afternoon Delight. Oh and the game was a delight.
|Final - 8.12.2010||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|San Diego Padres||0||0||1||0||0||2||0||0||X||3||6||0|
|WP: Jon Garland (11 - 8)
SV: Heath Bell (34)
LP: Zach Duke (5 - 11)