I find Home Run Derby's extra more exciting than regular home runs or regular derbies. I think it's all the extra counting and the grunting that goes on. It's like... magical.
In other news, what the All-Star game REALLY needs is a pitching derby, AKA knock down the f_ckin' bottles like at the carnival. I would even set up a dirty looking carney in a striped vest and give away a giant Pink Panther stuffed animal, except mounted on a wooden base like it's a trophy.
YEAR OF THE PITCH, BITCH!!! PITCHERS RULE!!! HITTERS DROOL!!!
I don't know what I'm talking about. Here, vote in the poll and discuss who you think is going to hit more BP home runs.
Here be the contestants (formatting stolen from Purple Row):
- Miguel Cabrera (Detroit Tigers) - .346/.423/.651, 22HR
- Vernon Wells (Toronto Blue Jays) - .265/.319/.524, 19HR
- David Ortiz (Boston Red Sox) - .263/.384/.562, 18HR
- Nick Swisher (New York Yankees) - .298/.377/.524, 15HR
- Matt Holliday (St. Louis Cardinals) - .300/.373/.529, 16HR
- Hanley Ramirez (Florida Marlins) - .301/.381/.485, 13HR
- Chris Young (Arizona Diamondbacks) - .266/.330/.469, 15HR
- Corey Hart (Milwaukee Brewers) - .288/.349/.569, 21HR