Here we are in late June, the Padres just returned from a 5-1 road trip, they have a 4.5 game lead in the NL West and they are playing 15 games over .500.
Yet some of us still aren't as confident as others might think we should be. I have scoured the internet for tips to gain confidence and attempted to relate those tips to the Padres.
- Every morning, as soon as you get up, get in front of a mirror and say out loud "The Padres are terrific! The Padres are terrific! The Padres are terrific!" Repeat this affirmation with enthusiasm at least ten times everyday until it's ingrained into your subconscious mind. If you feel a little self conscious to begin with lock yourself in the bathroom. The results will amaze you.
- Attend Padres games. Insecure fans do not attend games. It is good for you to attend games and be around other fans that have confidence in the Padres. Their confidence will rub off on you. Don't just sit there and score the game, talk to the fans around you, they might have tips that will give you more confidence in the team.
- Dress for success. Wear Padres gear at all times. Whether it be a full uniform or a SD lapel pin showing pride in the team and identifying yourself as a fan to others leads to increased confidence.
- When you are engaged in a conversation with non-Padres fans, mock and ridicule their inferior teams. By putting down others, you'll feel better about yourself and your team.
- Accept the fact that the Padres will occasionally lose games, but remember that for every game they lose, they win 1.5, that will make you feel better.
The rules are simple. On a scale of 0 to 10, 0 being no confidence at all, 10 being absolute confidence, How confident are you in the San Diego Padres organization?
"Confidence" is just about anything you want to interpret it as. The front office, the future prospects, the play on the field, the park, etc etc etc.