Ubaldo Jimenez is like... real good at baseball, right? He already has a no-hitter this season and he managed to strike 13 out tonight at Petco. On top of all that, he threw like 140 pitches against us.
Luckily, there's only one Ubaldo Jimenez. Unluckily, he's slated to start the next two games against us.
- Clint Barmes found one of those delightful spots up the left field line that, who knows, maybe landed fair. Here's my suggestion box suggestion for the night: When you have some fans complaining that the sight lines aren't always ideal at Petco, make sure you have a camera covering the blind spots so that they don't get featured on the telecast.
- When we scored against Ubaldo, I flashed back a bit to when Rocky finally made Drago bleed. Like it was nice to see that he was human until I remembered that sea serpents bleed too, and sometimes banshees.
- Ubaldo hit 101 mph on the gun. I've driven that fast.
- In the postgame show, Scanman suggested that some pitchers fall victim to what I call the "Marty McFly" syndrome, when they see the other guy pitching 101 mph. Nobody wants to fall victim to that. All it gets you is a motherf_ckin' TIME MACHINE.
- Kevin Correia pitched well for the most part, but did you see that Ubaldo Jimenez?
Random story: There was a homeless dude in a wheelchair at the trolley station today who kept trying to pick a fight with me. I was just standing there, playing my Nintendo DS, and this guy rolls up and starts yelling at me, trying to roll his wheel chair into me. I kept ducking behind a nearby tree while he kept saying, "If I come atcha, you betta move n***a!" And then he'd try to bump into me and then he'd yell, "GIMME A DOLLAR!" What made it more annoying was he was wearing a Dodger cap. My videogame instincts kicked in and I thought about luring him onto the tracks at an opportune time when an incoming train could crush him, but then instead I just walked over to the other end of the platform.
|Final - 5.3.2010||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|San Diego Padres||0||0||0||1||0||0||0||0||1||2||6||1|
|WP: Ubaldo Jimenez (6 - 0)
LP: Kevin Correia (4 - 2)
Roll Call: Jordan_Ming, MrDanielX, All Things SD, Sam (sdsuaztec4), The Kipper, Drama, dontkickthebaby, theodore donald kerabatsos, tonoxtono, SD Baseball, I8EtoDunbar, Zen Blade, SDzeke, StrangeBroP25, matthewverygood, jodes0405, LJbumfool, podpeople, Mr. Meadows, Dude52089, William Ngo, justdave, Demoira, Zach (maestro876), Hormel, Dubsco, icaughthundleys#4, Schrute Bucks, AirmanSD, Dex, ABY, Boilermaker19, Jonny Dub, Art Vanndelay, gogodurango, goldfyngor, Ketchup, Section 135, Axion, field39, pasadenapadre, Andrew T. Fisher, mrbarneydangles, Ron Mexico, creanium, scout1222, whithd3, SDfaninAZ, TJB
Total Users: 49
Total Posts: 1806