I was going to post some notes, pictures and perhaps some video from last night's game but realized this morning that f'n YouTube and Sony Entertainment shut down our account. Why? Because we had video from the ballpark with some of their precious copyrighted music playing over the park's PA system. Ugh. I hate the music industry.
Now that I'm in a sour mood, we'll have to make due with bullet points.
- Jon and I went down to the ballpark at 5:30 to see the Giants batting practice because Jon wanted to get his '96 Chris Gwynn jersey signed by members of the '98 team. It's a confusing goal, but Jon needed Bochy and Flannery to sign it. Bochy signed a few things but Jon couldn't get close enough. Some dreams weren't meant to come true. I convinced Jon to wear his signed jersey around the rest of the night even though he thought it was nerdy.
- There was a Playboy Playmate Giants fan at the game and she had no trouble getting Lincecum to sign for her. Walked right to the front of the crowd. Must be nice.
- Here's an idea. For one game the Padres should surprise the crowd by announcing to them that they will be the ones singing the National Anthem. It'd be cool to just hear the crowd sing with no other accompaniment. Last night a guy playing saxophone performed and you could hear the crowd singing faintly behind him and it was really rather beautiful.
- After the 5th inning rally that put the Padres back in the lead, Jon and I decided to wander from our seats. We ran into Padres VP Jarrod Dillon. He asked if we saw who drove in the Padres runs. "Ummm... that's a good question... that's an f'n excellent question if I understand it correctly...wait are you quizzing us to see if we actually pay attention at the games?" I thought about repeating the company line saying "The name on the front of the jersey is more important than the name on the back", but just admitted that I wasn't paying attention. In any case he told us that the Padres are going to have another Filipino Heritage night. I told him they need to give away barrel men and women.
- The lead didn't last long as Mike Adams gave up a two run homer that would eventually lead us to extra innings.
The Padres made a valiant comeback attempt, but just fell short. When David Eckstein hit 2 run double the remainder of the crowd went crazy, but we just couldn't finish it. Fun times, but a long night since we had been there for 6 hours.
|Final - 5.18.2010||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||R||H||E|
|San Francisco Giants||0||0||0||2||0||0||0||2||0||0||0||3||7||18||0|
|San Diego Padres||0||0||0||0||4||0||0||0||0||0||0||2||6||12||0|
|WP: Dan Runzler (2 - 0)
SV: Brian Wilson (10)
LP: Cesar Ramos (0 - 1)
Total Users: 53
Total Posts: 1777