Okay let me try and piece together what happened in today's game. I heard the first few innings on the radio and then caught the end of the game on TV, missing the middle in its entirety, so I'm using my imagination liberally.
- Jon Garland started off walking Marlins like they were old ladies and he was a boyscout trying to earn a merit badge. He bounced back though and finished with 10 strike outs in 6 innings.
- Luke Gregorson pitched the 7th inning, setting a new Padres record by retiring 25 straight batters. Pleased with his new record he then gave up a bloop single, so that the worldwide press would leave him alone and he could regain his privacy that he holds so dear.
- I'm pretty sure everybody in the Padres line up except Garland had a hit today. I could be wrong about that though.
- Both Nick Hundley and Adrian Gonzalez were gunned down at home plate.
- Umpire Jerry Crawford took a foul ball to the ribs and left the game.
- Heath Bell shaved his head to support his father who has lung cancer. He picked up his 5th save with the game ending on a spectacular diving catch by Will Venable with runners on the corners.
|Final - 4.27.2010||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|San Diego Padres||0||1||1||0||0||0||2||0||0||4||12||0|
|WP: Jon Garland (2 - 2)
SV: Heath Bell (5)
LP: Anibal Sanchez (1 - 2)
Roll Call: Ron Mexico, scout1222, Axion, jodes0405, Kozak, Zach (maestro876), matthewverygood, Wonko, DubBlack, pasadenapadre, The Kipper, tonoxtono, ABY, eastbaysd, Art Vanndelay, Jonny Dub, whithd3, SamPadres, icaughthundleys#4, Conor858, I8EtoDunbar, Dex, EvilSammy, justdave, theodore donald kerabatsos, dontkickthebaby, Dubsco, jayman66, Drama, MrDanielX, SoCalBoltFan, creanium, Zen Blade, Ketchup, disasterprone, Hormel, Boilermaker19, field39, texpadre, StrangeBroP25, Demoira, Mr. Meadows, mofle619, podpeople, sdpads24, Sam (sdsuaztec4), Speed Demon, Aussie fan, padmadfan
Total Users: 49
Total Posts: 1014