XX Sports Radio: Adrian Gonzalez Interview (MP3) with Darren Smith
- This was neither a long or short off season, it was in between.
- Adrian works out year round. Players that get tired are usually more mentally tired.
- The style of baseball is changing for the Padres. Sandy wanted players to draw a walk or hit a home run. This new strategy is getting on base and stealing.
- Adrian doesn't want guys trying to steal third base. He doesn't hit it to the hole at first base anyway.
- Adrian lead the team in walks. "I never imagined and never envisioned leading the league in that category." Last year he walked more than he struck out and learned plate discipline. His numbers are better when he doesn't chase pitches.