- The last week of Spring Training is always the busiest. It's time to get serious about making trades. The Padres may not trade but have to be prepared.
- The 13 position players are pretty much set in stone, unless there is a trade.
- Aaron Cunningham has hit everywhere. Hoyer isn't ruling him out for Opening Day, but he expects him to get some playing time this Summer.
- It's hard to look at player numbers in Arizona because the parks favor hitting. The Padres look at guys who are throwing strikes.
- Clayton Richard's last start probably did a lot for his confidence. "It's exceptionally likely that he'll be our 4th starter this year."
- Jon Garland's shoulder is doing good. He threw a bullpen yesterday. Garland doesn't seem to concerned with it and he is scheduled to start on Friday.
- The Padres aren't ready to name the #1 starting pitcher yet. Buddy and Jed will talk about it in the next couple of days.
- The Padres have the option to go with 4 starters through April, but they will probably go with 5 starters and give guys more rest.
- Hoyer isn't ready to make a decision on Mat Latos making the rotation. Latos has done everything the Padres have asked of him. "Mat has been excellent in every area this Spring." The Padres will limit Latos to 150 innings this season depending how difficult the innings are.
Wade LeBlanc and Tim Stauffer are throwing really well also.
- The Twins have not reached out to the Padres about Heath Bell. Hoyer hopes that every time a closer gets hurt that people don't automatically assume Heath Bell will be traded.
Padres GM Hoyer: Richard will be in the 4th spot and Latos will be limited to 150 innings