XX Sports Radio: Tom Garfinkel Interview (MP3) with Scott and BR
- Garfinkel has lost some weight, he sure looks great. He's eating less.
- Signing Garland was a great move. They made offers to other players that wanted more money. Garland knows how to win.
- Garfinkel sat next Chris Young at dinner. Young says this is the best team he's ever played on.
- The division is up in the air this year. It's going to come down to who can stay healthy.
- Garfinkel would be proud if his 3 boys grow up to be like the young players on the Padres team. "They are the type of guys you want to have over to your house."
- Eckstein is a gamer and knows how to win. Cabrera has a great work ethic. He made the media wait after he hit a grand slam so that he could work out after the game.
- Garfinkel sat with Ricky Henderson at a game and Henderson called every pitch.
- Clayton Richard is the only guy on the team that uses the heaviest bar bells in the gym. He was also a back up quarterback at Michigan.