I went to the game on Saturday night.
- I tried to buy a Park Pass at the ticket office but they were sold out. I was told I could buy a ticket for $7.50, which was half priced, but they would make me vote Adrian Gonzalez into the All Star game the entire time. I told ticket guy I would take the ticket and I'd like to see them try and make me vote for Adrian. I'm not going to vote for a guy who has said that he himself would vote for Pujols. Plus he's going to make the team anyway, he's just not going to be a starter.
- I was stopped at the front gate and asked to empty my pockets. Wallet, keys and tickets was all they found, I must fit the profile of someone trying to sneak contraband into the ballpark.
- Got my Adrian Gonzalez Action Figurine. Is it really an "action" figurine if it has no Points of Articulation? I say no. How can there be action with no moving pieces? A bobble head has more action than this sculpture of Adrian with elephantiasis.
- As I walked to my seat I saw there was a big line of people with hundreds of ballots in their hands. I asked them what was going on. Apparently for every 50 ballots you filled out voting for Adrian, you received a Padres giveaway prize. Okay, they win, I filled out 50 ballots and got a Padres pillow case.
- Saw Gaslamp Baller C8lin win something up on the Jumbo Tron. Jealously threw peanuts at the screen and booed.
- These girls in front of us went crazy every time Giles came up to the plate, they were cracking us up with their dancing. I got the tail end of the dance:
- Left the game early with two Padres on base while we were losing 2-1. The instant I stepped foot outside the ballpark, the crowd erupted into applause as the Padres scored 6 runs.
- On the drive home I saw this heavy biker dude riding a crotch rocket on the freeway and he was text messaging.