- Heath Bell is a little bit of a Star Trek fan, he's going to see it next Monday. Bell didn't like TNG, he's a fan of the original.
- Bell has been getting a lot of air time because he doesn't give generic quotes. "I actually kinda say what I mean"
- Bell explains his comments about Houston Street. Bell apologized via letter and Street accepted his apology via text.
- Baseball is a fraternity and everybody has each others phone numbers.
- It's frustrating in the Padres clubhouse because the offense isn't scoring runs. The bullpen and starting pitching has turned it around but the offense is in a funk because of the lack of timely hitting . "I still see guys, you know, not try too hard. They try their best."
- Bell is frustrated that he can't help the team when the offense doesn't score. Trevor Hoffman told him not to get frustrated.
- Bell doesn't want to second guess Bud Black, but wants to let him know that he wants to pitch. "I totally understand his reasoning for not bringing me in."
- His teammates understand that Bell speaks from the heart. He just wants everybody to appreciate the San Diego Padres. Some teammates told him not to throw them under the bus. He hasn't heard any negative comments about him. Bud Black has his back. "I just want the whole Baseball Nation to know that the San Diego Padres are a team."
- Bell finds it a little bit disappointing that fans aren't showing up to the games. The last three games had the lowest attendance in the history of Petco Park. "For some unknown reason their not showing up. Any way we can make them to show up, let me know. If I have to entertain a little bit, do a back flip before I run on the mound, you guys let me know."