- Padres are pretty pleased with the results so far. They knew they were going to have a tough schedule to start the season. KT is pleased but disappointed that they couldn't at least get the split in San Francisco with Peavy and Young pitching.
- Bengie Molina has been a thorn in the Padres side the last couple of years. Moreno actually threw the ball well but Molina went down and got the change up away.
- There is a lot of inexperience in the bullpen. Moreno threw the ball a lot better than he did in Philly.
- Gregerson threw the ball really well two inning prior to the loss. If we could have gotten the runner on third base home with less than two outs then Bell would have come in and we wouldn't have needed Moreno.
- Giles is pressing a bit. Opposing pitchers are pitching him high. When Giles is going good, he takes those pitches. Giles has only scored one run, which is amazing with Adrian hitting behind him. KT has a lot of confidence that Giles will come around. If Giles was swinging the bat well the Pads might have a couple more wins. KT will leave it up to Buddy Black if he wants to change Giles in the order. The worst thing you can do is sit Giles.
- Cliff Floyd still has a little bit of swelling in the knee. There is no pain in the shoulder. On Friday they may send him to Elsinore for a few rehab games and be reactivated.
- Baek will throw a simulated game this weekend or next week.
- KT is hoping that Chad Guadin will be a solid middle of the rotation starter. They are trying to get his pitch count up. He's got an out clause on May 13th where they have to call him to the big leagues as a starter or give him his release so he should be up in the next 2 or 3 weeks.
Kevin Towers pleased so far with the Padres