- Kevin Towers is in New York sitting on a fire hydrant on 57th and 5th avenue, there are some interesting characters there, including the guy sitting on the hydrant. No word if he is "feelin' groovy"
- The stadium reminds Towers of a Pittsburgh or Colorado ballpark and it doesn't stink like old Shea.
- Towers on Donald Trumps hair: "Pretty strong red comb over...kinda looked like a Pacific Beach 3 foot wave, Bob's Big Boy... interesting"
- "We've been in every ballgame and the bullpen has done a nice job"
- It helps a lot that opposing teams aren't able to scout our bullpen
- Scott Hairston and Jody Gerut aren't necessarily platooning but Hairston has had a lot of luck with left handers. It's tough to sit Gerut with how hot he's been.
- Darren Smith asks if Giles and Gerut might flip flop in the order. Towers says Giles will probably stay in the three hole, he's always been a slow starter.
- Floyd will stay with the club through NY and try to get him some AB's against Baek in a simulated game. Floyd will be strictly used as a pinch hitter.
- Eckstein "is a championship player, I love when he comes to the plate",he sees a lot pitches, makes routine plays, makes it easier for Giles and Adrian Gonzalez. Eckstein was probably the one that alerted the umpire to the balk. He also helps young players.
- Towers never watched Trevor Hoffman make a save, but he is watching Heath Bell. Towers was worried on Monday that he would try to do too much to beat his old club and to silence booing fans.
Kevin Towers on Trump's hair: "Pretty strong red comb over"