- Gerut got an earful from Mets fans after his home run that christened Bailout Ballpark. “Can't tell you what they said,” he said. “I assume you write for a PG paper.”
- Nobody thinks about bullpens when designing ballparks. “Relievers are always an afterthought,” Bell said, smiling. “Some of the grounds crew at San Francisco's ballpark told me that they pretty much forgot about building a bullpen there. That's why all you have is a bench and a patch of dirt there. I know there were issues with the bullpens at Petco (when San Diego's ballpark opened in 2004).”
- Bell remembers the Mets sending him to the Minors and recalling him every other week.
- Off day tomorrow, but Correia pitches next.
- Black is tinkering with the rotation. Black said. “I wanted to keep Peavy and Chris on regular days. They're both throwing well.”
- Ducksnorts recaps the first week of Padres baseball.
- No new info on the Giles lawsuit. Her lawyer called him a "pig".
- Cliff Floyd is an excellent bowler.
- Nick Hundley Interview (MP3)
- Bud Black Interview (MP3)