- Sandy talked to Peavy on the phone the other day and said that he's ready to start Spring Training. There wasn't a lot of substance in the conversation. Peavy reassured Sandy that he was ready to go and motivated.
- There isn't any question that Peavy will start Opening Day. The time for trades has passed.
- Alderson can't say whether Peavy will finish the season as a Padre.
- The Matt Bush DFA was a combination of circumstances. They needed the roster spot and the incident affected the decision. There was very little interest from anybody except Toronto.
- Alderson chuckles when it is suggested that he tried to ship Bush out of the country. "Not by design... a one way ticket to anywhere would be fine".
- "I can assure you, you will not be able to find a $9 beer at Petco this year". Sandy is looking for a humorous way to market the drop in beer prices and we should send our suggestions to Darren Smith or Sandy Alderson.
- Alderson is disappointed for A-Rod and the rest of baseball.
- Baseball never made any progress with PED's until the government got involved and Sandy isn't just blaming the union.
- Sandy sounds relieved today. Sandy doesn't agree. "There is still a good deal of uncertainty, maybe it's just the time of year... as we get to Spring Training everybody has some optomism."
Alderson can't say whether Peavy will finish the season as a Padre