Went to the game tonight:
- They ran out of Padres Beach Towels! How does that happen? I actually saw very few people with a towel. They gave a ton of us Rain Checks to be redeemed from 9/26/08 - 10/26/08. How the hell am I going to use a Rain Check to dry off at the beach? Furthermore what am I going to use a beach towel for in October? I want my beach towel Padres! I want it now!
- You know the only people that cheer for Khalil? Ten year old girls. That's it.
- I think it's better when Hot Dogs cost like 5 bucks because when they are only a buck, you try to eat more than one. About half way through my second shriveled dry hot dog, that's been sitting around for about an hour, I had to give up. I feel sick.
- The lines at Petco are absurd. They have the slowest cashiers I've ever seen anywhere. It's like being in line at the DMV. To get food you have to stand in line for at least an inning. They need to figure out a way to get the lines sped up buying tickets too. Maybe they need Ticket kiosks. I could see people being really slow on those too though.
- They should have a hot dog and Coke express area during Dollar Days. Cash only. No registers, just guys with a wad of cash like the food service people that walk around. Give them cash they give you your dog. Shouldn't take more than 5 seconds. Hot Dogs will stay fresh and will keep people out of lines. Have another area with just Coke, same idea. No other soft drinks, just Coke.
- We saw a Pad Squadder, that we don't know, really going out of her way to talk and interact with fans today. Pad Squad Kelly, Gaslamp Ball tips our cap to you.
- Padres won!