Team Marketing Report has released their new numbers. You can look at the summary here and there's a download to the spreadsheet, but you might want to save bandwidth. I shall summarize the Padres for you...
|Team||Beer||(oz.)||Soda||(oz.)||Hot Dog||Parking||Program||Cap||AVG. TIX||% CHANGE||FCI||% change|
I'm not sure what to make of that. That FCI places us 13th most expensive, but the individual numbers appear way off. The increase in premium beer is well documented. I have no idea where the $4 parking comes from. The ticket prices are somewhat reasonable.
Here's what I would do if I was you and you wanted to enjoy a Padres game without spending.
- Learn to enjoy life without relying on the booze.
- Learn to enjoy life without relying on the high-fructose corn syrup.
- Make a sandwich at home and carry it in.
- Bring in an empty water bottle and learn to use the drinking fountain or tell Pad Squad Andre that you're a Gaslamp Baller
- Park on the street for free. Bring a small car and squeeze into a spot somewheres like the little blue area on the map.
View Larger Map
Granted, it's not necessarily a part of town that you really want to spend a whole lot of time in, but it's reasonably well lit. It's also a potentially high crime area and it smells a little bit like urine and burnt metal spoons, but you know... Anything to save a buck.