John Weisbarth finishes his interview with Sandy Alderson:
- Two things have brought the Padres two where we are today: Strategy and Development.
- There won't be a cash infusion from Moores like there was in the last few years because of the economy and "other things".
- Alderson is very confident in the direction of the team
- Decisions are made based mostly on baseball with some thought to the economy
- The Padres will potentially lose 1 or 2 popular players
- He knows that fans become attached to these players and he understands and respects that, but he has a responsibility to improve the team
- Hoffman pitched well enough to come back and play for the Padres. "Ironically I might be his biggest supporter."