Here's everything that I've read about the Padres today so that you don't have to read it yourself. Hopefully, I get it right.
- The Home Run Derby blog recently featured the Pad Squad in their cheerleaders around baseball feature. Apparently, we are the number one resource for information regarding the Pad Squad. It only makese sense.
- Beat reporter Corey Brock opens up his mailbag. Quick summary: Sledge will get most of the time. Todd Greene doesn't fit even with Bard out. Ain't nobody trading Manny Ramirez for Linebrink + prospects. Maybe the Pads will trade some minor league relief arms. Matt Bush still sucks.
- Padres preview of Maddux's start tonight. In the notes, props to Kevin Cameron aka K-Cam, which interestingly is a fantastic accidental nickname for a pitcher. I say accidental because it's just using the first initial+first syllable nickname that we've seen so many times before, but for a pitcher... K-Cam takes on new meaning.
- Padres current batting averages. ummm...
- Have you ever wondered what Matt and Mud's favorite ballparks are? Well then you have something in common with Ed Barnes who asks that very question.
- Geoff appears to be in denial about yesterday.
- Padres 7th Inning Stretch News pays tribute to Jackie Robinson with a retrospective on some prominent black Padres. Dude, what about Ollie Brown?
- Read some of the comments regarding Dodger Fan behavior and realize that those Dodger fans aren't a good representative of Dodger fans in general, just a very accurate one.
Also, SignOnSanDiego has moved their Padres blog to Padres Extra Innings. Be sure to check it out. I've started seeing more Padres blogs online and we really need to update our blogroll, so if you know of a new one or you happen to write one, then let us know. Love me some good Padres reading.