So we can learn to pick ourselves up.
Tough loss today, but hey. It's a learning experience. So what did we learn? As a matter of fact, all kinds of stuff:
- We can score against their bullpen.
- They can't score against our bullpen.
- Mark Sweeney can beat Albert Pujols in a footrace
- It's common knowledge now that Ryan Klesko can't play left field
- If you see the Padres ground into the double-play enough times, you'll bleed from your eyebrows in frustration.
- Picciolo refuses to try to score any runs.
- Jake is gonna be pissed on Sunday. I'm calling the no hitter right now. He'll be playing on pure rage.
I still like our chances. Thursday, we focus for a whole nine. Tomorrow, we relax with a Dr Pepper.
Update [2005-10-4 16:26:11 by Dex]: I take back that Jake quote. What we actually learned about Jake is he has a broken rib. *sigh*