It was a bloodbath. A total of 18 runs scored today, 12 from the bad guys. Eight of them scored in the first inning, in what could only be described as "icky". Tim Stauffer lasted 0.1 entire innings, and was lit up for 7 earned runs. It was an ambush, and no amount of offense was going to bring us back. The horror, the horror.
We tried, though. Our Padres who signed the petition to give the fans a super awesome comeback victory were:
- Jedd Gyorko, fielders choice to score Tommy Medica.
- Yonder Alonso, with an RBI single to score Everth Cabrera.
- Tommy Medica, with an RBI double to plate Seth Smith and Yonder Alonso.
- Tommy Medica, poppin' a stylish solo home run.
- Carlos Quentin, getting hit by a pitch (surprise) with the bases loaded.
The Diamondbacks were caught cheating red-handed in the 3rd inning. Despite a 10 run lead, they pulled the ol' "bird interference" trick to psyche out Seth Smith. It worked, and I've been googling for the past few hours now and trying to find out if we're going to contest the game today. I'm convinced this was what prevented us from taking back the lead.
The Diamondbacks are 4-6 against the Padres this season without needing to use classless tactics. Why now? Fear?