If you haven't already, make yourself some breakfast to enjoy while watching the game. Can't decide what to make? Here's a recipe for delicious pancakes!
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 3/4 cup milk + 2 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice, mixed together and left to "sour" for about 5 minutes)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp saltDirections:
- Whisk together the buttermilk (or "sour" milk), egg, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the flour mixture into the milk mixture and whisk to combine everything. It's okay if there are lumps!
- If you want, you can add fruits, chocolate chips, bacon, or whatever you want into the batter at this point.
- Heat a pan or skillet on medium heat and melt a tablespoon of butter on it. Then pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan and cook it until you see little bubbles appear on the surface. Flip the pancake over and cook for another 30 seconds or so, until it is golden brown.
- Enjoy with butter, maple syrup, whipped cream, powdered sugar, or whatever your heart desires.
Got it? Good. Now that breakfast is covered, let's look at the lineups.
|SAN DIEGO PADRES||WASHINGTON NATIONALS|
|Everth Cabrera - SS||Denard Span - CF|
|Chris Denorfia - LF||Anthony Rendon - 3B|
|Will Venable - RF||Jayson Werth - RF|
|Jedd Gyorko - 2B||Adam LaRoche - 1B|
|Yonder Alonso - 1B||Ian Desmond - SS|
|Alexi Amarista - CF||Danny Espinosa - 2B|
|Jace Peterson - 3B||Kevin Frandsen - LF|
|Rene Rivera - C||Sandy Leon - C|
|Andrew Cashner - RHP||Tanner Roark - RHP|
Check out Jace getting his first major league start! Congrats, rookie!
GO FRIARS!! KEEP THE FAITH!!