The Padres 2014 Schedule has been released. The team's home opener is on March 31, 2014 against the 2013 World Champion Dodgers. This is great news, since this particular date has the best winning percentage of any date in Padres history. Historically the Padres are 3-1 on March 31st, a 75% winning percentage. It's as close as you can get to a guaranteed win. I love when Opening Day is at home, it's so much more exciting.
Interleague play will pit the National League West against the American League Central. Here's how the series are set up.
- The Tigers (April 11-13) will come to San Diego for their second time
- The Kansas City Royals (May 5-7) will make their third trip to SD
- Minnesota Twins (May 20-21) will make their second trip to Petco Park
- The Padres will also host their natural rivals, the Seattle Mariners, as part of a four-game home and away series beginning in Seattle from June 16-19 with two at Safeco Field (June 16-17) and two at Petco Park (June 18-19).
- Interleague play will also include trips to Cleveland (April 7-9), Chicago-AL (May 30-June 1) and Minnesota (August 5-6).
I'm going to plan a road trip next year. Probably not to an AL Central city though, though I'd like to see Minnesota. I'm more likely to go to Denver or Seattle.