Today, Fox Sports San Diego announced that September will be Fan Appreciation Month in San Diego. The initiative, dubbed Bring It Home, will feature fan giveaways, events throughout the community, and special television programming on FSSD. Here's a breakdown of some of the things going on next month:
- During the five home games from September 3rd-8th, the FSSD Girls will be giving away Padres Rally Cards to fans near the Padres Live Set (aka the abomination in the Park at the Park).
- At each game during the weekend of September 20th-22nd, the FSSD Girls will be giving away Padres Pride t-shirts. They say "Padres Pride" on them and have the FSSD logo. Not too flashy, but they're free so what can you really expect? You can get one of these shirts by going up to the FSSD Girls near the Padres Live set prior to the game and show them, using your smartphone, that you follow Fox Sports San Diego and/or the FSSD girls on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
- A Padres Prize Pack will be given away every Tuesday in September. They don't specify what will be included in the prize pack, but you just need to watch the game those nights and participate in Social Media Tuesday for a chance to win.
- A Chase Headley bobblehead will be given away each day to a follower of one of FSSD's social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram). I assume this will be the bobblehead that was given away at the beginning of the season to commemorate his career year in 2012. Maybe this will remind Padres fans of the Headley we all know and love and they can get off his case a little for having a not-so-great season in 2013. But more likely they'll all just make snide remarks about how they don't WANT a bobblehead of a player who regressed after an unpredictable second-half push last year, even though they were all clamoring for his extension in the offseason.
- Finally, FSSD will give away trips to the final Sycuan Daycation of the season on Sunday, September 29th. Winners will get round-trip transportation for themselves and a guest to a viewing party at the Sycuan Casino GameDay Sports Bar to watch the season finale between the Padres and Giants (as well as the Chargers-Cowboys game) that afternoon. There will also be prizes given away at the viewing party. Just follow FSSD on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram to find out how you can win.
- FSSD will provide Fan Express trips to Padres games multiple times during the month. These will benefit local non-profit organizations, including After-School All-Stars and STAR/PAL, and each of the trips will include 50 free tickets and a ride to the game.
- Luke Gregerson will hold his Charity Poker and Blackjack Tournament to benefit San Diego Youth Services. The event will be held at the Fox Sports Grill across from Petco Park following the game on Sunday, September 8th. You have to register/pay for this event, but all proceeds will go to SDYS.
Aside from all the Padres-related promos during Fan Appreciation Month, there will also be Chargers and Aztecs football giveaways, events, and programming. Click here for the full schedule of the Bring It Home initiative.