Not only did Cashner pitch a gem (6 innings with 5 hits and only 1 ER while striking out 5) he also:
- Retired the last 12 batters he faced
- Led off the bottom of the 3rd with a line drive single
- Proceeded to steal 2nd base on a delayed steal after Venable struck out
- Slid multiple times without injuring himself
- Scored the game tying run (Headley singled him to 3rd and Quentin singled him home)
- Scared the rest of the Giants hitters with his massive wild man beard from bench aiding the PadPen
The Padres only got on the board in the 3rd with Cashner's single then steal then 2 outs and finally 3 consecutive singles by Headley, Quentin, and Alonso which gave the Padres a lead they wouldn't relinquish. The offense struggled the rest of the game only managing 2 hits outside the 3rd. Somewhere in there Lincecum struck out like a gazillion Padres... (9)
Thatcher, Thayer, and Gregerson set it up for Street who allowed the first Giants base runner since the 2nd inning. Street didn't let the fans go home just yet, he wanted them to get their moneys worth so he let the Giants hit another single and have runners on the corners before getting Crawford to ground out into a fielders choice to end the game.
This is the kind of win that the Padres have actually sent in papers to the Federal Licensing Bureau to get trademarked. Whether or not that comes to fruition is an entirely different matter.
In the end they beat the hated Giants and it's time for a couple more revenge wins.