A couple things you should know if you took a break from the Padres sometime back in June:
- The Padres have won 9 of their last 10 and move to 10 under .500 with 30 games to go.
- The Padres have a .600 winning percentage since the All-Star break.
- One of our starting pitchers now is Eric Stults who has gone 4-0 in the month of August.
- Eric Stults throws a 65 mph curveball (token: Andrew Cashner throws 101 mph)
- The Padres have new owners.
- We've been referring to Tom Garfinkel as "Mentor" jokingly/non-jokingly for 2 1/2 years now, which is apparently just being noticed by people who are extremely critical of us and is interesting considering we refer to Mentor as this, basically, every day, which just goes to show, that you can be a horse's ass to somebody, thinking that you know all kinds of stuff about what makes you better than them, but really you don't know much and you're just proving that you're a horse's ass (this is directed towards no one in particular that reads this blog regularly and will likely go completely sight unseen by the person who totally hates us for no other reason than jelly of our hair cuts)
Now that I've got that bit of passive aggressiveness out of the way. As I was saying...
If you haven't been paying attention, a winning season for the Padres in 2012 is still well within the realm of possibility. They've been playing better baseball this month than just about anybody else in the National League.
Tell your friends to jump on the bandwagon now.
#53 / Pitcher / San Diego Padres
Dec 09, 1979