I recorded the game so I'm just fast forwarding through to see what I missed. Here's some quick notes:
- Why are the broadcasters Mark Grant and Andy Masur both wearing matching black shirts? Furthermore why are the postgame guys Mike Pomeranz and Mark Sweeney wearing matching green shirts? I get the feeling when Dick Enberg isn't broadcasting the guys like to let loose and forgo the suits. Next best thing? Matching shirts.
- Kip Wells pitched out of a bases loaded jam early on, but midway through the inning he tried to throw a hit ball behind him and through his legs over to first. It was like he was hiking a football to Mark Kotsay. It was on target just a little short on distance. Wells is just trying to making the most of his time the Bigs I guess.
- The Padres are wearing the number 48 on their jerseys the rest of the season as a tribute to recently deceased bullpen coach Darrel Akerfelds.
Will Venable started the scoring with a home run that the Umps had to review, after originally calling it a triple. I just updated a previous post about all the times a play has been reviewed using video last week. My work never ends!
- Kip Wells made a wide throw to second that kept the 5th inning alive and the Astros scored 4 runs.
- Nick Vincent made his debut in relief. He pitched 2 scoreless innings.
- Chase Headley who originally had the day off had to come back to work and play first and knock in some runs.
|Final - 6.26.2012||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|San Diego Padres||0||0||1||0||0||0||0||0||2||3||9||1|
|WP: Jordan Lyles (2 - 4)
SV: Brett Myers (17)
LP: Kip Wells (0 - 1)